DRAGONCON: The Agony of De Feet

Today has been a zooming day thus far, and it's only half over. Spent much of the day in the dealer's room, hawking books like mad. We're selling quite well, from my point of view, at least. I'm down to only a handful of SETTING SUNS and have sold at least half the NOCTURNEs.

Only one fan showed up for my signing, but that's to be expected, I guess. I'm signing books all the time at the booth, so that's probably why. I met the marvelous Elonka Dunin, and we chatted about Wikipedia for quite some time. Also met up with the force of nature that is Sara Harvey and several old friends.

I also had my reading, and the crowd demanded that I read "Jesus Loves Me." Good lord, do you people love the evil teddy bear. I think I may need to design a T-shirt for the "Can't Sleep... Bear Will Eat Me" image Devin Harris created. Speaking of T-shirts, Anne Freitas and Kelly Parker wore their T-shirts together, and I got a great photo of them. The shirts read, "Freitas and Parker: My Fandom Can SHOOT Your Fandom." I love them. They look GREAT. I fall into little helpless giggles whenever I see them. The photo will be on the web site.

It has been gratifying to see such a positive reaction to my work, to see so many books walking away, to be well on my way to selling out on Saturday. There's still a day and a half to go, after all.

I called my son tonight. When my father handed the phone to him, I sang, "You are my sunshine... my only sunshine... you make me happy... when skies are gray..."

He replied, "Mom? You're freaking me out."

I still haven't stopped laughing.

Next: Drinks with the Cut-N-Curl Girls, followed by a panel on... um... something... and a late-night gathering of a social nature at Vernard and Melodee's pad. Dinner? Sleep? Um, is this Dragoncon or not?

Comments