Welcome to JASPR
24,835 / 90,000
Finally got the first JASPR scene written. I don't like it. It's not funny. I mean, they bitch at each other, but I don't know if that qualifies as funny.
My ghosthunters are:
• Rivka Zoole, de factor leader. She's about Cat's age, with short-cropped black hair and a two-pack-a-day habit. She's tough, and used to being mocked because of her belief in ghosts. Her grandmother appeared in her dorm room three days after the funeral, and she's been fascinated by ghosts ever since.
• Shane Moore, a cop who works with JASPR in secret so it doesn't impact his career. He saw a ghost during a foot patrol, where he ended up chasing a man through the woods who had died in the road several minutes before.
• Sora Newton, a sensitive who has believed in her psychic ability all her life. I'm not sure if she really is psychic or is simply sensitive enough to people's emotions to feel a presence in the room. She doesn't talk much.
• Justin Armstrong believes in technology above all. EMP readings and temperature gauges. He's the guy with the infrared scanner and the notebook, seeking scientific proof of the afterlife.
• Nickolas St. John Phillippo, age twelve, goes by Nick. Fascinated by ghosts since the first ghost story he ever read, he's the quintessential geek, reading constantly of history and literature. The others look out for him like family.
So far they're just sketches. I hope they turn into something more.
Tonight's Research: Could not find my notebook of two months' ghost research. Grr! Fell back on GHOSTHUNTER'S HANDBOOK by Troy Taylor, for the recommended questions asked a potential ghost witness. They are remarkably like the questions a reporter would ask, except for "Have you ever used a Ouija board?"