Happy Proposalversary

Okay, I know that's not a thing. And if Hallmark suddenly starts printing cards for "Proposalversary," you have my permission to blame me, because I totally made that up.

But on this day four years ago, Jim tripped on something and fell down to one knee. I tried to help him up and got my finger caught on a ring. And we've been stuck with each other ever since.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you want to know all the gory details, we already wrote that up. In fact, we detailed the entire engagement, the wedding planning and all the attendant silliness on our joint blog, Dancing Toward the Castle.



We went back to it on our first anniversary, though we haven't yet figured out what to do with that blog now that we're actually married. Maybe turn it into a book, maybe just let it rest. Save it for my memoirs or something.

I'll just tell you this: Last week, when I was actually writing this blog entry, I had a rotten day. Jim chose the worst possible moment to stick his head in the room, and I completely bit it off. I apologized right away, because I knew he was absolutely not to blame for my foul mood and terrible day, and I could tell I'd hurt his feelings.

So what did he do? He went and made dinner, bringing a plate of chicken, pasta and peas up to my desk so I wouldn't be so stressed after work. I pretty much lucked out in the husband department.

Eventually I need to finish the wedding slideshow and scrapbook. Any day now, just as soon as I catch up my scrapbooking from Ian's fourth-grade play, which is pretty much as far as I've gotten. 

In the meantime, we have photos and memories, and so far, he hasn't regretted tripping on those paving stones in front of Cinderella Castle. At least, not that he's admitted!



It was the perfect day, and the perfect memory. Including the part where I never actually said yes, but he slid the ring on my hand anyway - claiming he was hedging his bets. I can't imagine why...


I love you, babe.

Comments