Sanctuary Day Zillion and Three

Yesterday's word count:




Overall this month:



And the book to date:




And not even half done. I keep moving the total wordcount higher. That is bad. I was just mocking a fellow author last night because the box of his books in our inventory is damn heavy. "Omit needless words!" I scolded him.

The language edit next round will be brutal.

Last night I got to play with maybe my favorite scene in anything I've ever written. It's a sparring scene, where Torrance, Reyes and Crawford fight each other in various combinations. I love it for so many reasons.

I love the way Torrance and Reyes snipe at each other. Jealousy in real life sucks like a Hoover. Jealousy in fiction is marvelous fun. Best of all, Crawford is spared the discomfort, because she is pathologically oblivious to human emotion.

I love the way the fights reveal their personalities. Each of them fights in a slightly different way, and it shows who they are. They're all good, but each has a flaw that will show up in their lives later.

And of course, I love Torrance and Crawford. I love the way they dance. I love their dynamic together, in the ring or anywhere. I go back and forth which of them should win the fight, and I can't decide. They're just that perfectly matched.

I love love love love that scene. And knowing what's coming in the next two chapters, it makes it that much more fun.

Wasn't I setting this aside? Yes. But not until I finish Part Two. I want to hear the First Readers scream. Does that make me a bad person?

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:48 PM

    Aaaaah, I love the sound of screams in the... morning, afternoon, evening and night. >:D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment