The Squee Heard Round the World

So the squee you might have heard echoing a couple of days ago came from a surprise I didn't expect this year or maybe ever.

Cerridwen is putting ABADDON into print. Perhaps as soon as next month. I fell out of my chair.

The third-quarter print list went out on Tuesday and ABADDON is on it. Now, that means they could put it in print anytime between now and the end of September. Suddenly I am far busier than I expected to be this summer. Promo campaign begins NOW.

That's why I'm currently running the Bookstore Contest again - each local bookstore you post on my YahooGroup gets you an entry in a contest for cool prizes. Go forth and post! I lost my entire database of independent bookstores to a succession of stupidity last year, and I need to rebuild it.

I'm also considering having a real-life book release party, a gathering in some public place as an official kickoff event that I can publicize and possibly gain some attention. I have the disadvantages of trying to sell a horror novel that is a) published by a non-horror publisher and b) the third book in a series.

The good news: I get to keep my Man On Fire cover. Squee!



I am happier than I can say, but not just because I get to make money (hopefully) and get a print release out this year. I am happy because I believe ABADDON to be the best book I have yet published, and its less-than-stellar sales as an ebook - despite killer reviews and winning the Darrell Award - have been the biggest disappointment of my career to date.

I am also happy because I have heard from so many of you that you really want this book in print, that you love the stories but ebooks just don't yank your chain, that you're waiting for the paperback to read it... Much of writing I do for love or money, but this one, more than any other, I do for you guys. That, and it's superfun.

The website will be updated shortly, and I'm continuing to develop my evil plan for world bookstore domination. Advice and assistance would be vastly appreciated.

Thank you all for your support. I don't know if anyone was emailing Cerridwen with requests, or if you just sent good mojo. But I do know it doesn't happen without you.

P.S. If you want to catch up on the series before ABADDON comes out, you need Nocturne, which contains the first two books in the series. Want a signed copy? I'm selling them directly by mail and at cons.

Comments