Dreadmire

Well, things are moving again. This time I have my son to thank.

Monday night he asked how much I got done while he was at vacation bible school. I confessed I'd spent the time reading the draft scripts for 1989's BATMAN. One of the pluses of writing the CultureGeek column is that pretty much any nonsense I read on the web can be construed as "work," because eventually I will end up writing a column about it.

Kiddo asked me to tell him the Dreadmire story, and maybe he could help. I started telling him the story, and he suggested the spot I was in might be improved if someone was chasing Our Heroes before they get to the swamp. Thank you, Kiddo. That made it a lot more fun.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
11,848 / 50,000
(23.7%)


I still don't know who Alesia is. She's sounding a lot like Azure, and that needs to stop. I may need to do a character study on her, and on Tam. Because nothing makes any sense unless Tam is worthy of their love and devotion. And so far, he just isn't. He's Dudley Do-Right, and I feel the urge to slap him. He needs a flaw. Obsession, perhaps? God knows his fixation on Wynter borders on the pathological.

Anyway. In case anyone cares, which of course you don't, this is the current unofficial soundtrack for DREADMIRE:

1. Full Blown Rose: "Somebody Help Me"
2. David Bowie: "As the World Falls Down"
3. Art Garfunkel*: "That's All I've Got to Say"
4. Madonna: "What Can You Lose"
5. Jon McLaughlin: "So Close"
6. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World"
7. David Bowie: "Within You"
8. Meat Loaf*: "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"
9. Bonnie Raitt: "I Can't Make You Love Me"
10. Bonnie Tyler: "Holding Out for a Hero"
11. Josh Groban*: "Let Me Fall"
12. Jefferson Airplane: "White Rabbit"
13. Amanda Marshall: "Beautiful Goodbye"
14. Avril Lavigne: "My Happy Ending"
15. America: "The Last Unicorn"
16. Metallica: "The Unforgiven"
17. Triumph: "Fight the Good Fight"
18. America: "That's All I've Got to Say"
19. Moulin Rouge**: "El Tango de Roxanne"
20. Queen: "Who Wants to Live Forever"

* Shaddup.
** This song pretty much inspired the plot.

Comments