announcement

First of all, thanks to everyone who came to last night's chat. We had a great time, and I gave away a few prizes. The flow in and out was pretty steady, too, and it ran all the way to 12:30 a.m. CST! I think that might be our record. :)

Of course, I had to have an excuse to throw an online party. I announced my new project: DREADMIRE.

I am happy to announce that Spellbinder Books and I will be working together on my first game novelization. Dreadmire is a great game, full of fantastic monsters clearly inspired by the bayous of Louisiana (Monstrous Mosquitoes, anyone?). I met game creator Randy Richards at Dragoncon last year, and he came up with the idea of a novelization. I developed a story that suits them, and I'll be writing it for them this summer.

I'm very pleased about this project. It's a different world than my usual work, but it's definitely got that happy, up-with-people tone I prefer. (Note: sarcasm. There is plenty of death and misery, natch.) I'm looking forward to working with Randy and the folks at Spellbinder, and romping around the swamps of Dreadmire.

I believe there are tentative plans to release the book next year, but that will be up to Spellbinder.

There's other stuff brewing, but I can't announce it yet. Suffice to say after an extremely tough year, things are starting to look up. As always, I thank you readers for your support. Without you, I'm just talking to myself.

Comments

  1. Excellent! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Wonderful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stumpy

Workaversary

Hello Kentucky/Indiana